We have picked these free and paid academic sources related to common homework problems to assist you with your course projects.
How To Stop Putting Off Homework: Recommendations From Experts
Procrastination: A mighty little devil.
Procrastination is a mighty little devil with whom all of us have to go head to head at some point in our life. The theory of the sun always rising tomorrow, or there being a dawn after each dark night, or there being a light at the end of the tunnel are just some of the counter arguments cited by chronic and pathological procrastinators. But, giving in and letting this mighty little devil overpower you is very bad for you in the longer run.
How to recognize this mighty little devil?
Well, the answer to this questions can be easily found when we recognize the small white lies we tell ourselves.
For instance, has there ever been a time when you were due to submit an assignment in a week and you just kept putting it off?
- When there were seven days to go, there were seven days to go and plenty of time to do the work later.
- At six days to go, there was still 5 more days so you decided to take the day off and gather your energy from the rejuvenating TV or video game session.
- At five days left, you still have a confortable window and again, you decide to refresh yourself and save the work for tomorrow, the world is not going to end tonight, right?
- Now, you have four days left, maybe you opened your computer to search about your work but ended up whiling away your time surfing the web.
- Three days to go, some more casual searching perhaps but you are not in the mood so the work will happen tomorrow. No more delaying after tomorrow now!
- Hmm, two days to go, the pressure is building up, you maybe decided to work, but then maybe you did not. May be you will work later. What if you did not? What is the worst that could happen? You are capable, and the work is easy. You are a tiger and you will finish it tomorrow. One is all the day that you need.
- One day left now, now you are fighting against the clock. Maybe you work, maybe you decide to wing it. But you realize that it is too late to do anything of value.
How to stop putting off work?
If you are one of the many people who have seen some form of the above-mentioned thoughts or action, as soon as you realize that no time to begin is soon enough, no one can help you.
If you want to stop putting off work, then stop putting off work.